Phoenix International Publications, Inc. is searching for a full-time Publishing Coordinator to work in its Chicago office. As one of the leading licensed international children’s publishers in the world, we continue to create the highest quality of products for children, and are dedicated to bringing excellence to children’s publishing.
The Publishing Coordinator will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Act as point of contact within the Publishing dept. for Domestic and International sales, manufacturing, and operations.
- Coordinate ONIX and metadata feeds for all Domestic and International titles.
- Work closely with the International team to monitor project milestone dates for new titles and reprints. Maintain and update international project schedules within the project management system.
- Organize and monitor circulation and approval of print dummies (non-NPD) and feedback changes listed on form to Production.
- Notify Purchasing/Manufacturing once an evaluation dummy has been approved, so they can order bulk dummies.
- Ensure that specs and costs for new titles being considered are updated and that all correct material has been supplied by the publishing team.
- Work with Publisher to organize material for presentations, to check it is completed and to supply supporting materials if necessary.
- Respond to publishing enquiries from the general public, including customer complaints
- Arrange, prepare, attend and minute meetings as requested, supply and gather relevant information and disseminate meeting minutes.
- Create and circulate title spreadsheets to publishing team.
- Assist the Director, Publishing Operations as needed.
- Data Integrity
- Act as a Key System Contact for Title Management system (Biblio), answering system queries, attending regular meetings and providing training to staff, where needed.
- Create and maintain various documentation such as new project entries for both Domestic and International titles.
- Ensure that all publishing data is accurate.
- Add publishing spec to systems following Dummy approvals of non NPD projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in the description.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
· College Degree (English/Journalism degree preferred)
· Highly organized and detail-oriented
· Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
· Proactive and self-starting
· Be a great team player
· Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and changing priorities
· Proficient in Excel, PPT, and G Suite
· Previous experience with Biblio and ONIX preferred
To be considered for this position, all qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time