• Review sales forecasts and actual results to assist management in purchasing decisions.
• Assist in the monthly preparation of various financial reports, monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
• Assist in the annual fiscal audit and other external and internal audits.
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and comparison of actual results to budgeted amounts.
• Work with other members of the department as required.
• Establish appropriate inventory reserves and monitor inventory on-hands to support management’s goals related to turnover and margins.
Description: Phoenix International Publications, Inc., is searching for a full-time Warehouse Associate to work in our Lafayette, IN warehouse.
To be considered for this position, qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Unload material coming into the warehouse.
- Verify quantity and description against the packing list or similar document
- Examine and report immediately any damage and/or missing product
- Stack product on pallets maximizing area of pallet and making sure product is securely stacked.
- Stretch wraps all pallets prior to being loaded for outbound shipment.
- Accurately place inventoried product on racks
- In return processing follows proper processes to repair books to good condition with minimal shrinkage.
- Accurately pull inventoried products from racks.
- In picking make sure correct items are pulled and the product is stacked properly.
- Operate all equipment, including dock truck, reach truck, order pickers, and floor scrubber in a safe manner based on guidelines and training.
- Communicate any questions, concerns, etc. to warehouse management.
- Keep job areas safe and clear of debris by making sure floors are swept and any debris is disposed into proper containers.
- Perform other duties assigned by warehouse management within the scope of responsibility and the requirements of the job.
- Must follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist warehouse management in achieving continuous improvement
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Prior equipment experience a must
- Previous warehouse experience a plus
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, reach, lift, pull, push, stop, squat, bend and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Must possess basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work assigned hours, including overtime as needed
- Must have reliable means of transportation to get to work on time